1. Excuse me; are you Mr. Wilson from the International Trading Corporation?
2. How do I address you?
3. May name is Benjamin liu. I’m from the Fuzhou E-fashion Electronic Company. I’m here to meet you.
4. We have a car an over there to take you to you hotel. Did you have a nice trip?
5. Mr. David smith asked me to come here in his place to pick you up.
6. Do you need to get back your baggage?
7. Is there anything you would like to do before we go to the hotel?
1. Let me introduce my self. My name is Benjamin Liu, an Int’l salesman in the Marketing Department.
2. Hello, I am Benjamin Liu, an Int’l salesman of FUZHOU E-FASHION ELECTRONIC COMPANY. Nice to meet you. /pleased to meet you. / It is a pleasure to meet you.
3. I would like to introduce Mark Sheller, the Marketing department manager of our company.
4. Let me introduce you to Mr. Li, general manager of our company.
5. Mr. Smith, this is our General manage, Mr. Zhen, this is our Marketing Director, Mr.Lin. And this is our RD Department Manager, Mr. Wang.
6. If I’m not mistaken, you must be Miss Chen from France.
7. Do you remember me? Benjamin Liu from Marketing Department of PVC. We met several years ago.
8. Is there anyone who has not been introduced yet?
9. It is my pleasure to talk with you.
10. Here is my business card. / May I give you my business card?
11. May I have your business card? / Could you give me your business card?
12. I am sorry. I can’t recall your name. / Could you tell me how to pronounce your name again?
13. I’ am sorry. I have forgotten how to pronounce your name.
1. Is this your first time to China?
2. Do you travel to China on business often?
3. What kind of Chinese food do you like?
4. What is the most interesting thing you have seen in China?
5. What is surprising to your about China?
6. The weather is really nice.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
8. What line of business are you in?
9. What do you think about…? /What is your opinion?/What is your point of view?
10. No wonder you’re so experienced.
11. It was nice to talking with you. / I enjoyed talking with you.
12. Good. That’s just what we want to hear.
1. Would like a glass of water? / can I get you a cup of Chinese red tea? / How about a Coke?
2. Alright, let me make some. I’ll be right back.
3. A cup of coffee would be great. Thanks.
4. There are many places where we can eat. How about Cantonese food?
5. I would like to invite you for lunch today.
6. Oh, I can’t let you pay. It is my treat, you are my guest.
7. May I propose that we break for coffee now?
8. Excuse me. I’ll be right back
9. Excuse me a moment.
1. Wish you a very pleasant journey home? Have a good journey!
2. Thank you very much for everything you have done us during your stay in China.
3. It is a pity you are leaving so soon.
4. I’m looking forward to seeing you again.
5. I’ll see you to the airport tomorrow morning.
6. Don’t forget to look me up if you are ever in FUZHOU. Have a nice journey!
1. May I make an appointment? I‘d like to arrange a meeting to discuss our new order.
2. Let’s fix the time and the place of our meeting.
3. Can we make it a little later?
4. Do you think you could make it Monday afternoon? That would suit me better.
5. Would you please tell me when you are free?
6. I’m afraid I have to cancel my appointment.
7. It looks as if I won’t be able to keep the appointment we made.
8. Will you change our appoint tomorrow at 10:00 to the day after tomorrow at the came time?
9. Anytime except Monday would be all right.
10. OK, I will be here, then.
11. We’ll leave some evenings free, that is, if it is all right with you.
1. Could I have some information about your scope of business?
2. Would you tell me the main items you export?
3. May I have a look at your catalogue?
4. We really need more specific information about your technology.
5. Marketing on the Internet is becoming popular.
6. We are just taking up this line. I’m afraid we can’t do much right now.
7. This is a copy of catalog. It will give a good idea of the products we handle.
8. Won’t you have a look at the catalogue and see what interest you?
9. That is just under our line of business.
10. What about having a look at sample first?
11. We have a video which shows the construction and operation of our latest products.
12. The product will find a ready market there.
13. Our product is really competitive in the world market.
14. Our products have been sold in a number of areas abroad. They are very popular with the users there.
15. We are sure our products will go down well in your market, too.
16. It’s our principle in business “to honor the contract and keep our promise”.
17. Convenience-store chains are doing well.
18. We can have anther tale if anything interests you.
19. We are always improving our design and patterns to confirm to the world market
20. Could you provide some technical data? We’d like to know more about your products.
21. This product has many advantages compared to other competing products.
22. There are certainly being problems in the sale work at the first stage. But suppose you order a small quantity for a trail.
23. I wish you a success in your business transaction.
24. You will surely find something interesting.
25. Here you are. Which item do you think might find a ready market at your end?
26. Our product is the best seller.
27. This is our newly developed product. Would you like to see it?
28. This is our latest model. It had a great success at the last exhibition in Paris.
29. I’m sure there is some room for negotiation.
30. Here are the most favorite products on display. Most of them are local and national prize products.
31. The best feature of this product is that it is very light in weight.
32. We have a wide selection of colors and designs.
33. Have a look at this new product. It operates at touch of a button. It is very flexible.
34. this product is patented
35. The functioning of this software has been greatly improved.
36. This design has got a real China flavor.
37. The objective of my presentation is for you to see the product’s function.
38. The product has just come out, so we don’t know the outcome yet.
39. It has only been on the market for a few months, bust it is already very popular.
1. We have a very strict quality controlling system which promises that goods we produced are always of the best quality.
2. You have got the quality there as well as the style.
3. How do you feel like the quality of our products?
4. The high quality of the products will secure their leading status in the market place.
5. You must be aware that our quality is far superior to others.
6. We pride ourselves on quality. That is our best selling point.
7. As long as the quality is good. It is all right if the price is a bit higher.
8. They enjoy good reputation in the world.
9.When we compare prices, we must first take into account the quality of the products.
10.There isno quality problem. Quality is something we never neglect.
11. You are right. It is good in material, fashionable in design, and superb in workmanship.
12. We deliver all our orders within one month after receipt of the covering letters of credit.
13. Do you have specific request for packing? Here are the samples of packing available now, you may have a look.
14. I wonder if you have found that our specifications meet your requirements. I’m sure the prices we submitted are competitive.
1. Will you please let us have an idea of your price?
2. Are the prices on the list firm offers?
3. How about the price/ How much is this?
4. This is our price list.
5. We don’t give any commission in general.
6. What do you think of the payment terms?
7. Here are our FOB prices. All the prices in the lists are subject to our final confirmation.
8. In general, our prices are given on a FOB basis.
9.We offer you our best prices,at whichwe have done a lot business with other customers.
10. Will you please tell us the specifications, quantity and packing you want, so that we can work out the offer ASAP?
11. This is the pricelist, but it serves as a guide line only. Is there anything you are particularly interested in?
12. Is it possible that you lower the price a bit?
13. Do you think you can possibly cut down your prices by 10%?
14. Can you bring your price down a bit? Say $20 per dozen.
15. It’s too high; we have another offer for a similar one at much lower price.
16. But don’t you think it’s a little high?
17. Your price is too high for us to accept.
18. It would be very difficult for us to push any sales it at this price.
19. If you can go a little lower, I’d be able to give you an order on the spot.
20. It is too much. Can you discount it?
21. Our price is highly competitive./ this is the lowest possible price./Our price is very reasonable.
22.Our price is competitive as compared with that in the international market.
23. To tell you the truth, we have already quoted our lowest price.
24. I can assure you that our price if the most favorable. A trial will convince you of my words.
25. The price has been cut to the limit.
26. I’m sorry. It is our rock-bottom price.
27. My offer was based on reasonable profit, not on wild speculations.
28. While we appreciate your cooperation, we regret to say that we can’t reduce our price any further.
29. Can we each make some concession?
30. In order to conclude business, we are prepared to cut down our price by 5%.
31. If your order is big enough, we may reconsider our price.
32. Buyer wish to buy cheap and sellers wish to sell dear. Everyone has an eye to his own benefit.
33. The price of his commodity has recently been adjusted due to advance in cost.
34.Considering our good relationship and future business, we give a 3% discount.
35. What’s minimum quantity of an order of your goods?
36. How many do you intend to order?
37. Would you give me an idea how much you wish to order from us?
38. When can we expect your confirmation of the order?
39. As our backlogs are increasing, please hasten the order.
40. Thank you for your inquiry. Would you tell us what quantity you require so that we can work out the offer?
41. We regret that the goods you inquire about are not available.
42. The size of our order depends greatly on the prices.
43. Well, if your order is large enough, we are ready to reduce our price by 2 percent.
44. If you reduce your price by 5, we are going to order 1000sets.
45. Considering the long-standing business relationship between us, we accept it.
46. This is a trial order; please send us 100 sets only so that we may test the market. If successful, we will give you large orders in the future.
47. We have decided to place an order for your electronic weighing scale.
48. I’d like to order 600 sets.
49. We can’t execute orders at your limits.
50. Generally speaking, we can supply form stock.
51. I want to tell you how much I appreciate your order.
52. Thank you for your order of 100 dozen of the shirts. We assure you of a punctual execution of your order.
53. Thank you very much for your order.
54. What about our request for the early delivery of the goods?
55. What is the earliest time when you can make delivery?
56. How long does it usually take you to make delivery?
57. When will you deliver the products to us?
58. When will the goods reach our port?
59. What about the method of delivery?
60. Will it possible for you to ship the goods before early October?
61. I think we can meet your requirement.
62. I ‘m sorry. We can’t advance the time of delivery.
63. I’m very sorry for the delay in delivery and the inconvenience it must have caused you..
64. We can assure you that the shipment will be made not later than the fist half of May.
65. We will get the goods dispatched within the stipulated time.
66. The earliest delivery we can make is at the end of September.
67. You may know that time of delivery is a matter of great important.
68. You know that time of delivery if very important to us. I hope you can give our request your special consideration.
69. Let’s discuss the delivery date first. You offered to deliver the goods within six months after the contract signing.
70. The interval is too long. Could we expect an earlier shipment within three months?
71. We shall effect shipment as soon as the goods are ready
72. We will speed up the production in order to ship your order in time.
73. If you desire earlier delivery, we can only make a partial shipment.
74. But you’d better ship the goods entirely.
75. We’ll try our best. The earliest delivery we can make is in May, but I can assure you that we’ll do our best to advance the shipment.
76. I’m afraid not. As you know, our manufacturers are full and we have a lot of order to fill.
77. I’ll find out with our home office. We’ll do our best to advance the time of delivery.
78. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
79.I believe that the products will reach you in time and in good order and hope they will give you complete satisfaction.
1. Before the formal contract is drawn up we’d like to restate the main points of the agreement.
2. We can get the contract finalized now.
3. Could you repeat the terms we’ve settled?
4. It is very important for us to abide by contracts and keep good faith.
5. Have you any questions as regards to the contract?
6. I’d like to hear your ideas about the problem.
7. I think it is better to have a good understanding of all clauses before signing a contract.
8. Do you have any comment to make about this clause?
9. Do you think the contract contains basically all we have agreed on during negotiations?
10. Everything has been arranged well. I hope the signing of the contract will go smoothly.
11. These are two originals of the contract we prepared.
12. When shall we sign the contract?
13. Mr. Brown, do you think it is time to sign the contract?
14. Shall we go over the other terms and conditions of the contract to see if we agree on all the particulars?
15. Shall we sign the contract now?
16. Just sign there on the bottom.
17. The contract is ready, would you mind reading it through?
18. We have reached an agreement on all the clauses discussed so far. It is time to sing the contract.
19. I’m very pleased that we have come to an agreement at last.
20. Let’s congratulate ourselves for the successful contract.
1. Shall we discuss the terms of payment?
2. What is your regular practice about terms of payment?
3. What are your terms of payment?
4. How are we going to arrange payment?
5. We’d like you to pay us by L/C.
6. We always require L/C for our exports and we pay by L/C for our imports as well.
7. We insist on full payment.
8. We ask for a 30 percent down payment.
9. We expect payment in advance on first orders.
10. We hope you will accept D/P payments terms.
11. In view of this order of small quantity, we propose payment by D/P with collection through a band so as to simplify the payment procedure.
12. Payment by L/C is the safest method, but rather complicated.
13. I’m sorry. We can’t accept D/P or D/A. We insist on payment by L/C.
14. I’m afraid we must insist on our usual payment terms.
15. “Payment by installments” is not the usual practice in world trade.
16. It is difficult for us to accept your suggestion
17. In view of our long friendly relations and the efforts you have made in pushing the sales, we agree to change the terms of payment from L/C at sight to D/P at sight; however, this should not be taken as a precedent.
18. I have no alternative but to accept your terms of payment.
19. When should we open the L/C?
20. Your L/C must reach us 30 days before the date of delivery so as to enable us to make all necessary arrangements.
21. How long should our L/C be valid?
22. The L/C should be valid 30 days after the date of shipment.
23. Could you tell me what documents you’ll provide?
24. Together with the draft, we’ll also send you a full set of bill of lading, an invoice, and an insurance policy, a certificate of origin and a certificate of inspection. I suppose that is all.
25. In what currency will payment by made?
26. We usually do business in U.S.dollars as world prices are often dollars based.
1. As for the insurance, I have quite a lot of things which I am still not clear about.
2. May I ask you a few questions about insurance?
3. What do your insurance clauses cover?
4. I wonder if the insurance company holds the responsibility for the loss.
5. Have you taken our insurance for us on these goods?
6. Can you tell me the difference between WPA and FPA?
7. What risks are you usually covered against?
8. Is war risk to be covered?
9. I’d like to have the insurance of the goods covered at 110% of the invoice amount.
10. There are three basic covers, namely, Free form Particular Average, with Particular Average and ALL risks.
11. Ocean shipping cargo insurance is important because goods run the risk of different hazards such as fire, storm, collision, theft, leakage, explosions, etc. If the goods are insured, the exporter might get enough to make up his loss.
12. Should any damage be incurred, you may, within 60 days after the arrival of the consignment, file a claim supported by a survey report, with the insurance company at your end.
13. As a rule, we don’t cover them unless you want to.
14. If more than that is asked for, the extra premium for the difference between 130% and 110% should be born by the buyer.
15. The FPA clause doesn’t cover partial loss of the particular coverage, whereas the WPA clause does.
16. The extra premium involved will be on your account.
17. The insurance covers ALL Risks at 110% of the invoice value.
18. No, it is not necessary for the shipping line to add to the cost. Our past experience shows that All risks gives enough protection to all the shipments to your area.
19. ALL risk covers all losses occurring throughout the voyage caused by accidents at sea or land. In other words, it includes FPA, WPA, and general additional risks, with special additional risks excluded.
1. You’ll understand our products better if you visit the factory.
2. I wonder if you could arrange a visit to the factory.
3. Let’s me know when you are free. We will arrange the tour for you.
4. I would be pleased to accompany you to the workshops.
5. We will drive you to our plant, which is about thirty minutes from here.
6. Can I have a brochure of your factory?
7. Here is the product shop; shall we start with the assembly line?
8. All products have to go through five checks during the manufacturing process.
9. The production method ahs been improved by introducing advanced technologies.
10. It is a pleasure to show our factory to our friends, what is your general impression?
11. It is nice to meet you. Welcome to our factory.
12. Shall we rest a while and have a cup of tea before going around?
13. I would like to look over the manufacturing process. How many workshops are there in the factory?
14. Some accessories are made by our associates specializing in these fields.
15. It is very kind of you to say so. My associate and I would be interested in visiting your factory.
16. We believe that the quality is the soul of an enterprise.
17. Would it be possible for me to have a closer look at your samples?